Skip to main content

Golden Corral






























I have been waiting a while for Golden Corral in Arlington Heights, IL to open since I saw it was under construction in the early Summer of 2018.  Seems it was being considered since at least April 2018 but it took until the Christmas season of 2018 to open... so I had to go check it out.

I had been to another Golden Corral several times in Gurnee (near Six Flags - Great America), but I since we had an Old Country Buffet near us, I didn't really need to make the trek out to Gurnee to get a buffet.

The Golden Corral in Arlington Heights, IL takes over the space previously occupied by Old Country Buffet.  While the tables, chairs and food stations are all new, the layout is quite similar to how it was laid out at the former Old Country Buffet!  It's near identical in fact!

Being new, it was definitely nice looking and clean.  Waitstaff and cashiers were friendly and helpful.  My waitress came by at least 3 times... once to say hello and get me some water (I did not order the additional soft drink option).  Later, she stopped by to see how I was doing and to ask if I'd like a second cup of water.  Finally, she was by again asking if I wanted coffee (I don't drink coffee so I kindly declined.). There are no stations for you to get your own drinks (even water), so you must rely on the waitstaff to get it for you.

The food was very typical of this kind of buffet.  I've included a lot of photos on this post so you can see what is offered for lunch (I've been back there a couple of more times as well.)  While there were plenty of things to get, I ended up getting basically the same kinds of foods I would have gotten at Old Country Buffet or at the Gurnee version of Golden Corral.  Fried chicken, baked chicken, popcorn shrimp, beef stew, Mac & Cheese, potato salad, deviled egg, macaroni salad, pulled pork, corn, potatoes with cheese, tuna salad, steamed fish, pie, a cookie and ice cream.

All were actually pretty decent and you can't beat the price for what you get.  For the $9.99 lunch price, I thought it was a great value if you are hungry.  I didn't eat as much as I know I can put away though, just two plates.  I am still on a diet after all.  :)

Some of the foods I did not get on my first dining at this restaurant include carved ham, cheese burgers, pizza, salad and other foods  like mashed potatoes, fries, various versions of rice, stuffing, spaghetti, and tacos.

Don't forget too that Golden Corral is known for their fountain of chocolate for you to dip marshmallows into.  I'm sure the kids like doing that.

Dinner is $15.49 per person and there is a $0.50 discount for either lunch or dinner for seniors over 60 years old.

I'm glad to have another buffet restaurant to go to!  I recommending giving it a try!

Golden Corral - 445 E Palatine Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Phone: 224-232-8837

Comments